The last few weeks we have been busy learning about maps. Our benchmarks for this unit are:
I can construct maps that contain symbols, labels and legends denoting human and natural characteristics of place.
I can use maps to describe the spatial organization of the local community by applying concepts including relative location and using distance and direction.
All second graders have constructed their own map and a Grade 2 City. We have been using our knowledge of 3D shapes to construct a city. We've also recycled boxes which is great for the environment.
This project is almost finished! Once it is complete, I will update the picture.
I can construct maps that contain symbols, labels and legends denoting human and natural characteristics of place.
I can use maps to describe the spatial organization of the local community by applying concepts including relative location and using distance and direction.
All second graders have constructed their own map and a Grade 2 City. We have been using our knowledge of 3D shapes to construct a city. We've also recycled boxes which is great for the environment.
| Great team work on display! |
This project is almost finished! Once it is complete, I will update the picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment